Nov 2012

Thanksgiving Table Inspiration

Oh how I dream of a sexy Thanksgiving table, a massively disheveled kitchen, and the meticulous planning that ensues while poring over stacks of cooking mags. And finally, greeting guests at our door with the cocktail du jour…

It’s not happening for me this year.

Time has seemingly stood still as my central focus has been watching the clock. It has been quite the process selling our house and now living in a tiny temporary apartment while awaiting our move home to San Diego. December 15th is the day I’ve been living for: the day we board our flight – the last of so many between Southern California and the Northwest – this time bringing us to our brand-spanking-new house and our much loved friends and family.

To the benefit of all involved, I have not been present during the construction of our rowhome. Even I breathe a sigh of relief at having escaped my [inevitable] micromanagement as each square of marble and plank of rustic oak meets its permanent home.

Happy Thanksgiving – I will return shortly, signing in from my much anticipated new home…

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

JLo November 11, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Please feel free to throw menu ideas my way. I have been doing the same thing for years and would welcome any new recipes. Will be cooking for the whole Swan family this year.
PS. Can’t wait to have you back in San Diego!!

The Fromagette November 11, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Janice, I would LOVE to live vicariously through your Thanksgiving planning – and I do have a few ideas!! Call me:)

Bertha November 12, 2012 at 12:27 am

San Diego… Oh, how I envy you! I want to go back home too, to sunny San Diego. Maybe one day.

The Fromagette November 12, 2012 at 8:32 am

Bertha, now is the time because housing prices are still way down! We never thought we’d end up back home, but here we are. SO happy because friends and family just can’t be replaced:)

Kimby November 12, 2012 at 5:26 am

Rachel, I loved your ideas for Thanksgiving and am so sorry they won’t come to fruition this year (maybe a mini-version in your temporary apartment?) Best wishes on your move — your new house sounds wonderful! In the mean time, know that you are thought of and cared about. Happy Thanksgiving!

The Fromagette November 12, 2012 at 8:30 am

So sweet, thank you Kim! Unfortunately even a mini version is out of the question – we are living in a studio like college students – I’d have to pick up an easy bake oven – hahha

Sharon Miro November 25, 2012 at 6:59 pm

We have missed you on twitter…hope all is going well…

The Fromagette November 25, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Sharon, thank you!! I will be back soon… we are in the process of moving back to San Diego. Good to hear from you:)