Nov 2011

A Thanksgiving Table

This year my table is adorned with artichokes; they deliver loads of charm and a touch of whimsy.

If you’d like to recreate this look, the center French flower box contains two dozen autumnal hued roses, three large artichokes, a few seedy stems from a mystery varietal of eucalyptus and three Hydrangea. Tea lights, mixed nuts in their rustic jackets, mini Guy Wolff terra cotta pots filled with herbs, Bosc pears and gorgeous Royal Riviera pears from Harry & David are scattered about.

I’ve yet to finalize my menu, but my friend will be arriving with a beautiful [cooked!] bird in hand as she did last year. To date, I have never cooked one myself. Growing up in the 70′s, everybody overcooked their meat and dry turkey was de rigueur. Never wanting to be subjected to the “dry-turkey glance”, I have managed to avoid this one task like the plague -  but I’ve got the gravy covered! Besides, for me, turkey is just an obligatory means to the stuffing.

If like me, you are still compiling recipes and making last minute decisions about side dishes, I can excitedly recommend you find a place for these spectacular caramelized onion rolls on your table. If you’re looking to give your cranberry sauce a new twist, this one requires only 4 ingredients, no cooking, and is an especially refreshing accompaniment.

I hope your day is warm and wonderful; filled with gratitude and all your favorite people.

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Cindy November 19, 2011 at 9:14 am

I love the look of this table. Artechokes are one of my favorite visuals (and favorite foods!), and they look great with the green and pink hydrangeas and pink roses. Hmmm…those pears look familiar, and were a good addition with the nuts. Really well done!

The Fromagette November 19, 2011 at 9:25 am

Thank you! Wasn’t it lovely of Sargento to send our hubbies Harry & David? I will be enjoying them and cooking with them all weekend

Denise November 19, 2011 at 10:31 am

Wow Rach . . . LOVE your Thanksgiving table! It’s lovely. Miss you.

The Fromagette November 19, 2011 at 11:57 am

Denise! I was just thinking about you! Miss you too!!

Kimby November 21, 2011 at 1:53 am

Rachel, I just KNEW it would be a visual treat when I clicked on your post… your table looks like a deconstructed cornucopia, bounteous and beautiful! We have so many reasons to be thankful and I wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving, too!

The Fromagette November 21, 2011 at 8:39 am

What a lovely thing to say, Kim! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving:)

carolinaheartstrings November 21, 2011 at 12:50 pm

That is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us. Happy Thanksgiving.

Melissa // thefauxmartha November 22, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I need you to come and do my table! Yours is beautiful! Maybe I’ll head to TJ’s and see what I can find to recreate this…and who knows, maybe some holiday cookies will end up in my cart too.

Lisa Stone November 22, 2011 at 5:12 pm